You pay NO BOOKING FEES when booked using this web-site and get free payment protection.
The Old Mill House is a charming 18th Century house where John Keats finished his poem 'The Eve of St. Agnes' in 1819 and spent his last night in England in 1820. The house is situated on the edge of the attractive village of Old Bedhampton in a large garden between a 3-acre lake and a tidal stream. It has its own outdoor heated swimming pool. It is very well located for visiting the beaches, countryside and many attractions of the south coast but also provides a home from home for staying in and relaxing. The 8 bedrooms, of which 6 are en suite, all have TVs and views over the lake and/or garden. The spacious main sitting room, with French doors to the terrace and garden, has a piano and overlooks both the lake and stream. A smaller sitting room with TV/DVD has comfortable sofas, a wood burning stove and board games. There is a well-equipped kitchen/breakfast room, a dining room with a large dining table seating 16 people and a conservatory with views over the swimming pool and lake.
- Outdoor heated swimming pool available from end of May until end of September. Loungers provided.
Garden and Grounds:
- Large garden including a 3-acre lake and tidal stream.
- Built-in barbecue beside the swimming pool.
- Table tennis table in covered area.
- Free parking in the grounds.
- 8 bedrooms (6 are en suite) and three separate bathrooms. All bedrooms have TVs and views over the lake and/or garden.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room with electric cooker, microwave, plate heater, dishwasher and large fridge/freezer.
- Conservatory with views over swimming pool and lake. Second large fridge/freezer.
- Utility room with washing machine/drying room.
- Main Sitting Room, a spacious, well-furnished 25 foot double aspect room overlooking the lake and stream with French doors to terrace and garden. It has comfortable sofas and armchairs and also a marble fireplace and an upright Bechstein piano.
- Smaller Sitting Room with TV/DVD, wood-burning stove, board games, a large coffee table and 2 comfortable sofas and an armchair.
- Dining room with a large dining table seating 16 people.
Location and Getting There:
- The village of Old Bedhampton is between Chichester and Portsmouth, one mile from the sea and close to the South Downs National Park.
- It takes about 90 minutes by train from London Waterloo to Bedhampton station which is half a mile away, and about 75 minutes from London Waterloo to Havant station which is 1½ miles away and where there are taxis available. It takes about 1½ hours by car from central London.
|WEEKEND STAY||= Fri/Sat/Sun nights|
|MIDWEEK STAY||= Mon/Tue/Wed/Thurs nights|
|11/10/19 to 7/11/19||£1,680 per week||£1,344 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|8/11/19 to 19/12/19||£1,560 per week||£1,248 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|20/12/19 to 26/12/19||£2,710 per week||Full week only|
|27/12/19 to 2/1/20||£2,710 per week||Full week only|
|3/1/20 to 20/2/20||£1,560 per week||£1,248 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|21/2/20 tp 12/3/20||£1,700 per week||£1,360 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|13/3/20 to 26/3/20||£1,800 per week||£1,440 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|27/3/20 to 2/4/20||£2,050 per week||£1,640 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|3/4/20 to 18/6/20||£2,200 per week||£1,760 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|19/6/20 to 9/7/20||£2,450 per week||£1,960 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|10/7/20 to 23/7/20||£2,860 per week||£2,288 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|24/7/20 to 27/8/20||£2,860 per week||Full weeks only|
|28/8/20 to 3/9/20||£2,250 per week||£1,800 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|4/9/20 to 5/11/20||£1,800 per week||£1,440 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|6/11/20 to 17/12/20||£1,650 per week||£1,320 per weekend OR midweek stay|
|18/12/20 tp 22/12/20||5 nights||£2,300 for 5 nights|
|23/12/20 to 29/12/20||£2,860 per week||Christmas - full week only|
|30/12/20 to 5/1/21||£2,860 per week||New Year - full week only|
|6/1/21 to 18/2/21||£1,650 per week||£1,320 per weekend or midweek break|