You pay NO BOOKING FEES when booked using this web-site.
Poggio al Casone is a charming wine farm in Tuscany surrounded by 40 hectares of organic vineyards.
An ancient villa and two independent cottages have been meticulously renovated offering now self-catering apartments for holidays.
You can choose among 10 independent units of different sizes and prices.
Poggio al Casone joins the comfort of the best hotels with the authentic life of a wine farm. The guest of Poggio al Casone looks for an exclusive accommodation, privacy and nature, the real Tuscan experience. Open-air swimming pool, relaxation room with sauna, massages and beauty treatments, jogging itinerary in the vineyard, mountain bikes, bbq area, wine tour and wine tastings are all facilities that will enrich your stay.
Just 25min from Pisa International Airport it can be the easy reachable location for your holidays in Tuscany.
Activities & Services: Many activities are possible in the estate like jogging among vineyard, mountain-bikes, wine tours, cooking classes and much more. A small wellness room has been recently added with sauna and massages available upon request.
All kinds of extra service can be also arranged upon request: room service daily for a full breakfast; transportation from and to the airport or train station; baby-sitting; extra cleaning; laundry service; all types of guided tours to historical cities, shopping in Tuscany...
The Reception , an elegant room where to relax with a glass of wine and make new friends, is located in the Villa.
Michela will take care about your stay and she will be available for tourist suggestions.
Nearby amenities: Tennis court 4km, Horse riding 6km, Spa & Wellness centre 15km, Golf 20km, Seaside coasts km 20
Poggio al Casone is within walking distance of a restaurant, a coffee shop and a grocery. The hamlet of Quattro Strade is just 800mt away and it offers all services and amenities you may need: bakery, supermarket, pizzeria, restaurant, café, fuel pump, news agent.
By the way car is necessary.
Nearest Airport 24 Kilometres
Pisa International Airport
Nearest Barpub 1 Kilometres
J63 in Cenaia
Nearest Ferry 28 Kilometres
Nearest Golf 25 Kilometres
Cosmopolitan Golf - Castelfalfi Golf
Nearest Train 10 Kilometres
Nearest Motorway 24 Kilometres
A 12 Genova-Rosignano
Nearest Restaurant 0.8 Kilometres
Nearest Beach 25 Kilometres
Tirrenia - Marina di Pisa
About us :
Poggio al Casone is part of the Castellani Winery ( www.castelwine.com ) and above all it’s a wine estate where the Company produces its organic wines. In 2007 three buildings were meticulosly restored to create holidays apartments.
Basically we offer a self-catering accommodations in a beautiful, safe and healthy enviroment, among vineyards. People coming to stay at Poggio al Casone look for a relaxing holidays, an upscale accommodation , in a family atmosphere without renouncing to elegance and comforts.
All the apartments are spacious, fully equipped, wifi covered and air conditioned.
Main facilities at guests’ disposal : swimming pool ( open May to mid October), outdoor hot tub, bbq, bikes, sauna. Reception Office open daily and caretakers available for emergencies during the night.
Extra services available on request : breakfast, cooking class, private Chef, massages, yoga lesson, private driver for guided tour and excursion , baby sitter, extra cleaning, laundry. Some of this is provided by our external partners, everything is bookable on request.
Due to the small size of the resort everything is extremely customized. From clay to painting classes in the vineyards, from the personal trainer session to a Vespa tour in the countryside. Just ask!
A guided wine tour and tasting is regularly organized once a week during the peak season and offered for free to the hosted guests.
Very central located in Tuscany (30 minutes from Pisa and Lucca, 45 minutes from the coast and Volterra, 1 hour from Florence, San Gimignano and Siena) .
Very well connected to Pisa Airport.
• Upscale self-catering accommodations
• Central located in Tuscany
• Swimming pool, sauna and hot-tub
• Bbq and cooking class
• Wine tour & tasting
• Organic produce
Poggio al Casone Wine Resort : what makes it a special place to stay
- A small piece of paradise. The estate extends to about 30 hectares , it’s private and kept very beautiful . It doesn’t matter what goes on outside…here amongst the vines you’ll find peace and quiet, clean air, amazing sunsets and of course the excellent wines.
- Nature. The vineyards are biological , there are no pesticides used here, nature and animals live in perfect harmony protected and respected. You come on holidays but just think about us who work and live here all year round , that’s why we take care to keep everything so healthy.
- Much more than just a sleep. Our apartments make you feel as much as possible at home , a place to come back to whenever you like. So comfortable places , furnishing chosen with elegance and everything you need for your 5 stars self-catering holiday.
- Poggio al Casone is above all a large family. You can say we are a resort, farm-holidays or holiday home…. but Poggio al Casone came to be when we decided to share with our guests this beautiful place. You can enjoy all we have to offer and the friendliness which characterize us.
- Take it easy. How to have a happy atmosphere never chaotic, casual but not intrusive, relaxing but not boring ? Just a few secrets.. Our staff honest, young and motivated. Guests that come back year after year , giving us precious advise.
- First time in Tuscany? Good choice. We are in a central position to many places worth a visit (you’ll need more than a week) . We are half way between Pisa, Lucca, Florence. 30 mins from the beach , near to Bolgheri and Volterra to name just a few.
- You don’t want another conventional holiday? Better still! Hereabout you can find lots of hidden places , not mentioned in any guide books. Born and bred in the area, we are only happy to give you information on where to go, there are beautiful medieval villages to visit around us.
- We are part of the Castellani‘s world. Honored to be part of this legendary Italian company producing wines from the last 5 generations.