You pay NO BOOKING FEES when booked using this web-site and get free payment protection.
CANTABRIA COASTAL VILLA WITH PRIVATE GARDEN AND FREE WI-FI.
Only Minutes From Many Stunning Beaches, Very Handy For Santander, Bilbao, Picos Mountains, Cabarceno Wildlife Park, Santillana del Mar, Altamira Cave & much more.
* Situated in Castillo-Arnuero, Cantabria
* On the coastal Camino de Santiago pilgrimage path
* This Cantabria Villa is by the beach towns of Noja, Isla, Ajo, Loredo, Somo and Santona and their many outstanding beaches.
* just 50 minutes from Bilbao (Guggenheim) & 20 minutes from Santander city
* Owners live permanently in Cantabria and are nearby should assistance be required (happy to advise on sightseeing, daytrips, restaurants, etc..)
This is a charming, well maintained and well equipped modern semi-detached villa by the Cantabria coast with private garden situated in a quiet village. This is an ideal property for families and couples who will appreciate the spaciousness of the house and garden, the equipment provided especially in the kitchen and garden, and the ease of access to great beaches, sightseeing attractions, shops, restaurants and bars.
VILLA DESCRIPTION & CONTENTS
* 3 bedrooms
* 2 bathrooms
* Sitting room
* Dining room
* Hallway with coats hangers
* Basement laundry & storage area
* Centrally heated throughout
* Private Garden
* 2 double rooms and 1 twin room (can be made into a comfortable triple).
* Ample wardrobe space in each bedroom
* Fully fitted bathroom with bath & overhead shower
* Bedroom windows double glazed & fitted with roller blinds/ shutters.
* Modern kitchen with fridge freezer, oven, electric hob, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, range of coffee makers (plunger, Italian stovetop and Nespresso machine), juicer and more. Kitchen window gives on to the outdoor patio.
* Bright, spacious lounge with double glazed french doors, tv, dvd, coffee table, sofa, reclining armchairs, unit with books, tourist information, dvds
* Comfortable dining room off the lounge with dining table, chairs, sideboard and stereo unit.
* Rooms offer views of the mountains and the sea in the distance.
* Bathroom with fully fitted shower cubicle.
* Smoke alarm, gas alarm and a fire extinguisher.
* Spanish and limited Sky TV.
* FREE WI-FI.
* Fully fitted basement (accessed by stairs from hall) with laundry area and hot/cold running water
* Washing machine
* iron and ironing board
* Spacious storage area with toys and beach gear for guests use.
* Well tended private garden
* Cosy tiled patio
* Garden furniture
* Pleasant variety of plants and trees
LOCAL AREA & ACTIVITIES
Across from this Cantabria Villa is ample parking and a small plaza with a childrens playground and the village bowling area.
There is the 14th century church of San Pedro just 100 meters from the house which is one of the many important religious sights along the coastal Camino de Santiago.
This is a prime area for watersports especially surfing and wind-surfing and there are many surf schools in the vicinity. Diving is also popular as is canoeing and sailing. It is an excellent area for hiking and hillwalking both in the mountains and along the coast. The house is less than 5 minutes from the Trasmiera Ecopark (Ecopark of Trasmiera) which was the only place in Spain to be awarded the European Destinations of Excellence (EDEN) award in 2011.
For those interested in cooking, the closeby 2 star Michelin restaurant El Cenador de Amos in Villaverde de Pontones offers 1 and 2 day cookery courses in Spanish. The 1 star Michelin Restaurante La Bicicleta is also close as well as many other nice restaurants.
Coast / Beach
Superb beaches only 5-13 minutes drive or 3kms-18kms. These include Berria, Trengandin, Ris, Isla, Garlic, Langre, Loredo & Somo. This area, called the Trasmiera Coast, is noted for it's long, fine sand beaches. Extremely popular with surfers and watersport enthusiasts. Only slightly further on the beaches of Santander which can be enjoyably accessed by foot-passenger ferry from Somo. And between each of the beaches mentioned are beautiful areas of high & low coast offering lovely walks & stunning scenery.
The Trasmiera Ecopark where our house is located is a member of EDEN (European Destinations of Excellence) which aims to promote sustainable tourism development models across the European Union.
SHOPS, BARS, RESTAURANTS, BANKS
Several supermarkets, butchers, fishmonger, pharmacy, bank and bars located 2kms away in Meruelo. Two taverns and a convenience store are located less than 1km away. Noja center, 3kms away, many shops, bars, pharmacies, several banks and restaurants. Santoña town (population 12000) has an abundance of supermarkets, bars, banks and restaurants. Island is an excellent area for it s small beaches an abundance of restaurants. This is not a remote area. Access to numerous shops, bars and restaurants is very easy.
MEDICAL CENTER In Meruelo (3 minutes from the house) there is a 24hr medical center. There is also a medical center in Noja and 20 minutes away in Laredo there is a hospital.
PETROL The nearest petrol station is 1 minute drive from the house and here they also sell convenience goods and freshly baked bread.
POOLS In both Noja & Santona there is sports center with a 25 meter covered pool. In Meruelo there is an outdoor pool open in the summer only.
MARKETS In Noja there is a market every Wednesday and in Santona every Saturday.
Bike hire, several spas, tennis, horse and camel riding and golf all available locally.
There is a regular shuttle ferry across the bay from Somo & Pedrena to Santander. This is a 15 minute drive away and it is a very nice alternative to driving into Santander city which would take 25 minutes.
The Cabarceno Wildlife Reserve, 30 minutes drive, is a great day out for kids and adults.
Magnificent beaches and reserves, walking and cycling trails, Camino de Santiago, kids playgrounds, shops, restaurants and bars all within a short distance as is Santander city (25 minutes), Bilbao (50 minutes), Cabarceno Wildlife Park (25 minutes), Santillana de Mar & Altamira Cave (35 minutes) and more. Foodies will be interested to discover small local wineries such as Bodegas Vidular and Sel D'Aiz. Artisanal craft beer producers such as Dougalls and Cierva as well as excellent seasonal and locally grown produce.
THIS CANTABRIA VILLA IS:
* Less than 1 hour drive to Bilbao and the Guggenheim Museum
* Located on the Coastal Pilgrimage Trail Santiago
* 90 minutes drive to the Picos de Europe mountains
* 1hr 45min drive to La Rioja wine region
* Less than 2 hours drive to San Sebastian - gourmet capital of Spain
* 2hrs 15mins drive to France (Biarritz, St Jean de Luz)
* 2hrs 30mins drive Pamplona (running of the bulls)
* Less than 4 hours drive to the Pyrenees
* Just over 4 hours drive to Bordeaux
* 4hrs 30 mins drive to Portugal
* 4hrs 30mins drive to Madrid
* 5 hours drive to Santiago de Compostela
|29/03/2020 - 26/06/2020||Rates based on 2 pax. Extra pax: 5€ pp pn||
120 euros per night. Min. stay 3 nts
|27/06/2020 - 17/07/2020||Rates based on 4 pax. Extra pax: 10€ pp pn||
140 euros per night. Min. stay 5 nts
|18/07/2020 - 28/08/2020||Rates based on up to 7 pax.||
1510 euros per week. Min. stay 7nts
|29/08/2020 - 25/09/2020||Rates based on 4 pax. Extra pax: 10€ pp pn||
140 euros per night. Min. stay 4 nts
|26/09/2020- 20/12/2020||Rates based on 2 pax. Extra pax: 5€ pp pn||
120 euros per night. Min. stay 3 nts
|Breakages Deposit||Fully Refundable with no breakages||
|Coffee maker||Toaster||Dining room|
|Washing machine||Tumble dryer||Parking|
|Living room||Hairdryer||Ironing board|
|Video library||Music library||Games|
|Adventure||Away from it all||Family|
|Sports activities||Tourist attractions|