You pay NO BOOKING FEES when booked using this web-site and get free payment protection.
Casa das Figuerias is a large detached villa situated in 6000 sq meters of land (2 acres) with it's own pool and garden, just 25 minutes drive from Faro Airport. Close to the historic town of Tavira (15 minutes drive), it benefits from all it's amenities... numerous bars, cafes, restaurants, shops and it's famous beaches Praia Do Barril and Praia da Ilha de Tavira beach island. Additionally, the smaller towns of Moncarapacho and Fuseta are within 5 minutes drive and between them offer a beach, restaurants, daily fish market and an award winning olive oil farm which offers tours and tasting. The villa has 4 large ensuite double bedrooms and is suitable for a variety of parties... families, a getaway with friends, golfing groups. On one level, accessibility is good for all guests.
Located in a secluded area just outside of Moncarapacho, it is set in 6000 square meters (2 acres) of land, surrounded by scenic views. It benefits from not having any villas immediately beside it, so if privacy is what you crave.. this is the villa for you. The accommodation comprises of 4 large double bedrooms all with ensuite, there is a large open plan living/dining/kitchen space and a separate utility/laundry room. Outside there is a 10 x 5m pool and fully functioning bbq and outside dining area.
For more photos and videos please follow links below....
Bedrooms (all with ensuite)
- Bedroom 1: Double or two singles
- Bedroom 2: Double or two singles
- Bedroom 3: Double or two singles
- Bedroom 4: 2 singles
- Additionally cots/high chairs can be provided for infants
- Kitchen is fully equipped with hob, oven, grill, dishwasher, American style fridge freezer with ice machine
- Living room has a television with BBC/freeview
- Dining room has a table and seating for 10-12 for those times when you don't feel like dining al fresco on the terrace
Utility Room... with sink, washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
There is a water based air conditioning system through out the villa, which means no loud fans.
Wifi is provided free of charge and the mobile signal for most phone operators is good.
All bed linen and towels are provided, however if you do wish to visit the beach, we would suggest beach towels which we do not provide.
Once inside the property you'll notice that it's all on one level with no stairs in the interior, which makes it suitable for children and for those who are less mobile.
The setting is peaceful and tranquil with no close neighbours, no traffic noise and 360 degree views over the surrounding countryside
- The pool... The pool is a 10 x 5m, the depth goes from 1.6m at the shallow end to 2.4m at the deep end. It can be heated on request but please note there is an additional charge for this, please ask for details. To rinse off after a dip in the pool, there is an outside shower situated by the pool. Please note small children will need to be supervised at all times when using or by the pool.
- Terrace... there is a large terrace with sunloungers, shades and a number of tables. It is surrounded by a lawn and has lighting for the evening. There is also a BBQ area with outside sink and seating area for 10-12.
There are a number of supermarkets close that should be able to cater to all your needs
- Moncarapacho... 5 mins drive: small, local store... all essentials can be bought here... it has a butcher, baker (the bread rolls are great!), fresh fruit and vegetables plus all larder items and a large selection of beer, wine and spirits
- Tavira... 15 mins drive: There is a very large supermarket (Continente) which has most things that you are likely to need during your stay.
OUT AND ABOUT
Whilst the villa is located in a peaceful and secluded area, it benefits from being close to lots of great places to really enjoy the best that the Algarve has to offer. Below are some suggestions.
Moncarapacho.. 5 minutes drive from the villa, it's a small town with an award winning olive farm which does tours and tastings (https://www.monterosa-oliveoil.com/en/). Whilst the town is small, it's great for picking up essentials... it also has great steak restaurant (Colibri).
Tavira... 15 minutes drive from the villa, this historic town dates back to the bronze age and has seen both Roman and Moorish rule. The two parts of the city lay on either side of the River Gilao connected by an ancient Moorish bridge and with 37 churches there is lots to explore. For the shopaholics, there are lots of opportunities for retail therapy with local arts and crafts products. Tavira also has a huge number of restaurants and bars... but do try the fish bbq (Tres Palmeiras) for lunch, it's unassuming exterior gives way to an all you can eat fresh from the sea fish banquet, but be warned once the fish runs out, they shut. Tavira is also home to one of Portugal's best beaches, Praia Do Barril... take the small train out to the island and enjoy the white sands.
Fuseta... 5 minutes drive from the villa, this small fishing town is a great spot for an evening meal at one of the outdoor bbq restaurants. It also has a brilliant fresh fish market, but do get their early. There is also a beach there which is perfect for an early evening stroll.
Beaches... the Algarve have some of the best beaches in Portugal, if not Europe. Below are a selection of our favourites
- Praia Do Barril... mentioned a few times already, it's a great beach about 15 minutes drive from the villa. Do get there early during peak season as parking can sometimes be oversubscribed... once there you hop on mini train which will deliver to the beach
- Praia Da Ilha De Tavira... is connected to Tavira by a regular and inexpensive ferry. The beach is situated on the north-eastern side of the Ilha de Tavira, an idyllic sandbar island that extends for 12km along the Ria Formosa Nature Park.
- Manta Rota... this beach is a little further about 30 minutes drive but is worth it. There is ample parking and it's a quick hope over the dunes on the boardwalks to get to the sea.
Golf.. the Algarve has a huge selection of golf course all between 10 and 30 minutes drive from the villa.
- Benamor (18 holes par 71)
- Quinta da Ria (18 holes par 72, 6110m) with stunning views of the sea and mountains
- Quinta da Cima (18 holes, par 72, 6256m)
- Castro Marim (18 hole, par 71, 5265m) A challenging course for golfers of all standards.
The Algarve has 18 other courses slightly more further a field in Villamoura, Quinta da Lago, all about 40mins direct drive on the Motorway A22.
Spain... the villa is only 40 minutes from the Spanish border so there are many options and opportunities for day and overnight trips.
- Seville.. is the capital of southern Spain’s Andalusia region and about 1.5 hours drive. It's famous for flamenco dancing, particularly in its Triana neighborhood. Major landmarks include the ornate Alcázar castle complex, built during the Moorish Almohad dynasty, and the 18th-century Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza bullring. The Gothic Seville Cathedral is the site of Christopher Columbus’s tomb and a minaret turned bell tower, the Giralda
- Cadiz... is an ancient port city in the Andalucia region of southwestern Spain and about 3 hours drive. The home of the Spanish Navy, the port boomed in the 16th-century as a base for exploration and trade. It has more than 100 watchtowers, including the iconic Torre Tavira, which was traditionally used for spotting ships. On the waterfront is the domed, 18th-century Cádiz Cathedral, featuring baroque and neoclassical elements.
Payment can be made in £s or euros via bank transfer. To secure your booking we take a 25% non-refundable deposit. The balance is payable 6 weeks before your holiday.
The price includes linen, pool maintenance, cleaning on check out, the services of our house managers, hot water.
We take a refundable security deposit of £300, payable on arrival in cash. Provided there are no breakages, we repay the deposit on departure.
Registration Number: 62084/AL
|1st November 2019 - 31st March 2020||Low Season||
|1st April - 31st May 2020||Mid Season||
|1st June - 12th July 2020||Mid/high Season||
|13th July - 6th September 2020||High Season||
|7th September - 31st October 2020||Mid/high Season||
|1st November - 31st December 2020||Low Season||
|Contact owner for late availability deals|
|Dining seats||Dining room||Internet|
|Linens provided||Washing machine||Tumble dryer|
|Parking||Living room||Ironing board|
|Away from it all||Family||Tourist attractions|