An idyllic dog-friendly spacious period cottage nestled in the rolling Suffolk countryside, Cherry Tree Cottage is a wonderful property in which to switch off & recharge.
The secluded cottage has many period features & offers a peaceful space for those seeking to unwind.
The gorgeous mature garden includes a lawned area, patio & flower beds, with seating and a BBQ for alfresco dining, as well as sitting areas. There are stunning views of the Fynn Valley & surrounding countryside.
Please note: The wi-fi that's available is pocket wi-fi.
The property comprises:
An entrance porch
Large kitchen/dining room.
- The gorgeous traditional kitchen has views of the garden. You will find everything you need to cook up a storm in the kitchen, including a double oven, a four-ring electric hob with an extractor fan above, a fridge, a freezer, a microwave, a kettle and a toaster. There is no dishwasher in this property.
- The dining room has six dining chairs surrounding an antique wooden dining table in the centre of the room. This is an open, spacious room with access to the kitchen, garden room and sitting room.
A charming sitting room with a comfortable three-seater sofa and three armchairs. Chillier nights are made cosy with the wood-burning stove. There is a TV for your entertainment.
Garden room - the perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee, while taking in the tranquil views.
Four spacious bedrooms.
- Bedroom 1
Light and spacious with a vaulted ceiling, this room is furnished with a king-sized four-poster bed, bedside tables, and lamps. The room includes a beautiful antique wardrobe and a desk that can also be used as a dressing table.
- Bedroom 2
In addition to the beautiful wooden single bed, a bedside table and handmade lamp complete this bedroom. You will find a built-in cupboard for storing your belongings, a dressing table with a mirror above and a joint stool seat.
The next bedroom is a spacious single room with a bedside table and lamp. For your belongings, there is a wardrobe, as well as a dressing table with a mirror above and a joint stool.
A really stunning room complete with a deluxe super-king bed, bedside tables and lamps. One of the side tables doubles up as an oak and walnut antique low boy with cabriole legs used as a dressing table with mirror above and a joint stool. There is a luxurious chaise lounge under the windows, the perfect spot to relax and take in the view. Your belongings will be stored in a double wardrobe.
A shower room (first floor) - a shower cubical, wash basin, full-length mirror and WC.
Downstairs cloakroom with wash basin and WC.
The cottage has oil-fired central heating, a garage and off-road parking for two vehicles.
Appliances include a TV, double oven, four-ring electric hob with extractor fan above, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster. WIFI is also available.
Please note this property does not have a travel cot or high chair.
Other things to note: Located a mile down a private untarmacked road and with no near neighbours, Cherry Tree Cottage is an idyllic country retreat for couples or families.
One well-behaved dog welcome.
From the cottage, you can enjoy some wonderful footpaths perfect for exploring on foot, cycling or walking your four-legged friend.
If you fancy a day trip, Woodbridge, Ipswich, Aldeburgh, Snape, Southwold, Orford and Bawdsey are all within easy reach.
Local attractions include Seckford Golf Club, Ufford Park Golf Course, RSPB Minsmere Nature Reserve and Tide Mill Yacht Harbour.
Please note that on occasion, there may be some noise from the A12 if the wind is blowing in a certain direction. Additionally, we have a gardener who will attend, as per his schedule, to maintain the gardens.
• Complimentary long-life milk, eggs, part-baked bread, butter, marmalade,
tea and coffee are provided.
• This property does not have a travel cot or high chair.
• Please be aware that cooking ingredients, other than the above arrival
gifts, are not provided. Guests may prefer to pick up their specific food
requirements en route to the cottage.
• Tesco and Marks and Spencer in Martlesham are on the main route into
• There is a freezer in the double doored shed located in the car park. It will
be switched off, but guests are welcome to switch it on.
• Guests should bring their own ice if required.
• The drive is a farm track with potholes and bumps. It is 0.3 miles long and
not suitable for a low-slung sports car.
• The biggest vehicle that can access Cherry Tree Cottage is a small motor
• There may be some noise from the A12 if the wind is blowing in a certain
• We have a gardener who will attend, as per his schedule, to maintain the
• The shower is not a power shower, so please be aware.
Please phone me so that I can give you simple, accurate directions to the cottage. This will ensure that your journey is a smooth and stress-free one.
We are aware that many people are concerned about their bookings and the impact of coronavirus on their holiday.
We have received many enquiries about booking terms and conditions
Holidaymaker bookings are made directly with property owners. Each property owner will have individual cancellation policies and local coronavirus information.
Please enquire directly with the respective owners as to the current situation with any bookings.
As we receive new information and guidance from government we will update this information.
Taking any lockdowns or local restrictions into account, we expect holidaymakers and homeowners to follow current government advice with regard to booking rental properties.
Our website remains 100% functional without any restrictions for:
The Simply Owners Team
- Holidaymakers to contact owners about existing bookings.
- Holidaymakers to contact owners about future bookings, past any lockdown or restrictive period.
- Councils and keyworkers to contact owners regarding accommodation for NHS staff and other individuals in need.