!!BOOK NOW FOR NEXT YEAR!!
Normally 7 nights with Saturday check-in (please enquire for other start dates or durations)
Covid-alert cleaning by owners
Christmas Cottage is a cosy characterful bolt-hole in the Dales. The lounge has beams, a delightful stone fireplace, comfortable seating and a log-burning stove. The dining-kitchen is spacious and well equipped. There are two charmingly appointed bedrooms, a double and a twin, plus a modern shower room. Up to two well-behaved dogs allowed, depending on size and breed.
The village of Gunnerside is a picturesque huddle of grey stone cottages with a beck gurgling through the village to join the Swale. Discover beautiful walks on the doorstep, through some of Swaledale’s most spectacular scenery.
ACCOMMODATION IN DETAIL
Front of property: bench for sitting out and watching the world go by; parking area in front of the cottage for one car; ring in wall by front door for tethering of dogs, securing of bicycles etc. The property is south-facing.
Ground floor: access from front of property to
• dining kitchen with electric cooker and hob, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, larder fridge, pine dining table and chairs; alcove with boot cupboard, coat rail and hooks, first aid kit, fire blanket and fire extinguisher; iron and table-top ironing board; range of kitchen floor and wall units. Ceramic tiled floor. Two electric storage heaters. Beamed ceiling. Window to front. Stairs to first floor.
• lounge (up 3 steps from kitchen) with leather suite, solid oak coffee tables, character fireplace with log-burning stove, TV with Freeview channels, DVD player, CD player. Selection of DVDs, CDs, books and games. A reference pack offering a practical guide to the cottage amenities plus information about local attractions and facilities. Maps and tourist information leaflets. Solid wood floor. Electric storage heater. Cosy lighting controlled by dimmer switch, two table lamps. Beamed ceiling. Two windows to front.
First floor: access via wooden staircase (not open-tread) from kitchen to carpeted landing area with doors to
• bedroom 1 (up 3 steps) with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, sofa and bedside cabinets, fitted carpet, hairdryer. Electric storage heater. Two windows to front.
• bedroom 2 with two single beds, hanging and shelving unit, fitted carpet. Electric storage heater. Window to front with window seat.
• shower room – fully tiled, with white ceramic basin in vanity unit, electric shower, electric heated towel rail.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Bed linen, personal towels, tea towels and kitchen towels
Hand sanitiser, virucidal cleaning products
Electricity for cooking, hot water and heating (electric storage heaters in all rooms except shower room which has a heated towel rail)
Starter pack of logs and kindling for the stove (further supplies available to purchase from your host)
10% Discount at Wensleydale Garden Centre in Leyburn
Self check-in using key safe
Arrival from 5pm. Departure by 10am
Cottage is cleaned and sanitised between stays using proven antiviral products
Risk assessment and cleaning checklist are left in the property for our guests’ reassurance
Smoke alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detector
Pets are not allowed in bedrooms or on furniture
Bikes must not be brought into the property
Guests must follow the pre-departure instructions provided ( bagging up of bedlinen, setting dishwasher etc)
Guests must be prepared to vacate the property immediately if tested positive for COVID-19
All adult guests will be required to supply contact information to support NHS Test and Trace
Availability of local amenities and attractions cannot be guaranteed
All bookings are subject to the owners' Terms & Conditions
The village boasts a family-friendly pub, and an excellent licensed tea room/bistro. Gunnerside is right at the heart of some of Swaledale’s most spectacular scenery and there are numerous walks from the door – whether you are in the mood for a gentle riverside stroll or a ‘grand day out’ on the breezy fells. Or if you prefer to explore from the saddle - bike hire and pony-trekking are both on hand. By car you can visit any number of picturesque villages, bustling market towns or scenic beauty-spots and take your pick from Yorkshire’s famous (or lesser known) visitor attractions ranging from, museums, historic houses, churches and industrial archaeology sites to waterfalls, caverns, open-farms and gardens.
iN THE AREA
Swaledale Museum in Reeth (6 miles), Wensleydale Creamery, Dales Countryside Museum and Ropemaking in Hawes (11 miles); Aysgarth Falls beauty spot and riverside walks (10.5 miles); Bolton Castle, one of the country’s best preserved medieval castles, near Leyburn (12 miles); explore the great Norman fortress of Richmond Castle on its rocky crag above the Swale or follow in Turner’s footsteps along the Round Howe Nature Trails (Richmond, 16 miles); the amazingly quirky and not-to-be-missed Forbidden Corner, a labyrinth of tunnels, chambers and follies in a four-acre garden near Leyburn (18 miles); Kiplin Hall country house and gardens near Scorton, Richmond (23 miles); the Black Sheep Brewery in Masham (25 miles).
We are aware that many people are concerned about their bookings and the impact of coronavirus on their holiday.
We have received many enquiries about booking terms and conditions
Holidaymaker bookings are made directly with property owners. Each property owner will have individual cancellation policies and local coronavirus information.
Please enquire directly with the respective owners as to the current situation with any bookings.
As we receive new information and guidance from government we will update this information.
Taking any lockdowns or local restrictions into account, we expect holidaymakers and homeowners to follow current government advice with regard to booking rental properties.
Our website remains 100% functional without any restrictions for:
The Simply Owners Team
- Holidaymakers to contact owners about existing bookings.
- Holidaymakers to contact owners about future bookings, past any lockdown or restrictive period.
- Councils and keyworkers to contact owners regarding accommodation for NHS staff and other individuals in need.