Mrs Fig's House is a pretty 17th Century stone cottage sitting in the grounds of the owners' farmhouse close to the bustling village of Haworth in West Yorkshire. The owners have recently sympathetically refurbished the cottage using sustainable and environmental methods, bringing it into the 21st Century without losing its character and charm. Surrounded by stunning views of moorland and pasture and with fantastic walks from the front door, it is the perfect retreat for couples looking for a rural getaway. A perfect blend of traditional charm with modern day creature comforts.
The cottage is attached to the owners’ farmhouse with a 17th century barn separating the two. It is therefore quiet and secluded with the convenience of owners on hand to provide local knowledge or any help that might be required. Home baked bread welcomes you on arrival and more can be purchased during your stay..
Garden produce is available to guests depending on the season and delivery of bottled milk, eggs, butter and cream can be organised by the owners.
* Short breaks and flexible arrival dates are available all year round *
- Open plan sitting area with wood burning stove and comfortable seating, dining table and chairs
- Light, airy kitchen with breakfast bar, Esse stove that combines range cooking and electric induction convenience.
- Dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, fridge with a good size integral ice box.
- Upstairs bedroom with king size bed with iron bedstead and sheep wool mattress and duvet. Extensive views over the fields and moors.
- Open landing area with extra seating.
- Shower room with underfloor heating and heated towel rail.
- Enclosed patio with garden furniture and tubs of herbs to use in the kitchen.
- .Access to a quiet seating area in the main garden.
- Free superfast wifi
- Spacious off- road parking area.
- All bedding and towels provided.
- Sorry, due to our neighbouring sheep farms, we do not take dogs.
* Please note that our water supply is from a spring. It flows through a filter and UV bulb and is delicious to drink with no chemical smell or taste.
Mrs Fig's House is located 3 miles from Haworth with its independent shops, pubs, restaurants and cafes. The Worth Valley Railway, made famous by the Railway Children, is close by and literary enthusiasts can walk the moors in the steps of the Bronte Sisters and visit the Parsonage where they all lived.
Beautiful scenery is in all directions with Skipton and the Yorkshire Dales to the north and the Forest of Bowland, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in Lancashire, to the west. To the south is the quirky town of Hebden Bridge and to the east is the World Heritage site of Saltaire with the Hockney Gallery. All these places are within a half an hour's drive away.
There are walks from the door in all directions including moorland, pasture land, round reservoirs and along various way marked trails. Keen walkers can pick up the Pennine Way, just a short stroll across the fields, to walk into Haworth or to enjoy a drink and a meal at one of several local rural pubs. If in a less energetic mood, stunning views can be enjoyed from the cottage itself. There is a huge variety of birds that visit the garden and through the spring and summer, ground nesting birds such as curlews and oystercatchers are welcome visitors.
Guests who stay at Mrs Fig's House love the ambience of the cottage and appreciate all the work that has gone into its refurbishment. They enjoy the peaceful surroundings, open views, stunning walks from the door and the proximity to great places to enjoy local history, good food and drink. We hope we can look forward to welcoming you to share these experiences.