- Beautiful stone character cottage dating back to 1850.
- 5 minute walk to shops, pubs, restaurants and cafes on historic Main Street.
- Wood burning stove in a cosy lounge with original beams and Inglenook fireplace.
- 2 generous bedrooms - super king (or twin) & king size bed
- Dining kitchen with original stone flagged flooring
- Roll-top bath and walk-in shower
- Easy roadside parking
- Courtyard garden.
- FREE Wi-Fi and FREE Netflix
- We keep our cottage 'pet free' for guests with allergies. No types of pets are allowed.
Beautiful character cottage with original features including Yorkshire Stone flagged floor, feature fireplace, original beams and exposed stonework. Five minute walk to the village’s independent shops, pubs, restaurants and cafes on the historic cobbled main street of Haworth in the heart of Brontë Country.
Mulberry Cottage has had a varied past dating back to 1840. It started out life as a millworkers cottage. It was extended and converted in to a shop, operating as an off licence and a sweet shop in years gone by. During the 21st century it was converted back to the cottage it is now. We fully renovated the cottage in 2016 and it is well maintained and updated regularly.
The cottage is a short walk to the rugged ‘Wuthering Heights’ moors, which inspired the English literary Brontë sisters, with commanding views from Top Withens. Just around the corner is the famous Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, an authentic steam railway featured in the film The Railway Children. There's so much to see and do in Yorkshire, you'll be kept busy no matter how long your visit! Mulberry Cottage makes a great base for exploring this lovely part of Yorkshire and beyond.
5 * Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence awarded.
- Two generous bedrooms featuring a king size bed and a super king bed which can be split to two singles
- Roll top bath and walk-in shower cubicle
- Gas central heating and wood burning stove (starter basket of wood included)
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, retro fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, kettle and toaster in a well equipped kitchen
- 2 x TV's with Freeview, Roku smart tv and FREE Netflix in the lounge, DVD, Bluetooth speaker, free WiFi, hairdryers, selection of books and games
- Free roadside parking available in front of the cottage
- Private enclosed gravelled garden with furniture and rotary airer
- Welcome gift on arrival
A warm and inviting sitting room with a comfy leather corner sofa, wood burning stove in an original stone inglenook fireplace, beautiful feature beams and oak flooring. We offer a large television with Roku smart tv and free Netflix, DVD player with a good selection of DVD’s and a Bluetooth speaker. A recent addition to the lounge is a rare antique grandfather clock made by John Barraclough of Haworth, clockmaker to the Brontë’s.
* Kitchen Diner:
With an elevated view over the garden, the kitchen is fitted in a traditional cottage shaker style. It is well-equipped with a dishwasher, washer-dryer, microwave, retro fridge-freezer, kettle, toaster and all the cooking equipment needed for your stay. It has a fully restored Yorkshire Stone flagged floor and a dining table with seating for four. There is a radio and USB charging points for your phones and devices.
* Rear Bedroom:
With a view over the garden and to the hills. A beautiful king size sleigh bed with comfy mattress and a cast iron fireplace make this a luxurious room with an elegant Victorian feel. Original features are prominent in this room with an exposed stone wall and lintel. The room also has plenty of storage with a wardrobe and large chest of drawers.
* Front Bedroom:
A bright, comfortable room with a sumptuous super king bed which can be split into two singles, if requested. The addition of a wall mounted television with Freeview and a selection of books, make this a great room for either adults or children. The room also has a large wardrobe with drawers underneath.
The bathroom gives an opulent feel with a Victorian style roll top bath, Vintage style fittings and a separate shower. Original exposed stone wall and stone lintel give character to the room. It is a perfect place to relax and unwind after a day exploring the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
The private rear courtyard garden is accessed by steep stone steps with a handrail. With a living willow fence, it is a lovely enclosed garden with a view to the hills at the side. Rattan furniture with seating for four and a rotary dryer for your washing which folds away discretely. A wonderful area to have a cup of tea or a glass of wine and listen to the steam trains passing by.
- Fuel, power and starter pack of wood for stove inc. in rent
- Complimentary initial supplies of tea, coffee and sugar and milk
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request. Please provide your own cot linen
- Sorry, strictly no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 5 mins walk
- Note: Steep steps with handrail down to the rear garden, care should be taken.
- View our comprehensive digital guest welcome book at https://hostful.ly/gffqckx for more information. We also have lots of tourist information leaflets in the cottage to help you plan where you'd like to visit - you'll be spoilt for choice.
**BOOKINGS CAN BE MADE INSTANTLY AND SECURELY ON OUR WEBSITE (CLICK THE BUTTON ON THIS LISTING FOR OUR WEB ADDRESS).**
*** We're more than happy for guests to contact us if you have any questions at all during your stay.
***We keep our cottage 'pet free' for guests with allergies. No types of pets are allowed and stays will be terminated if pets are found at the property.
**Guests need to be aware that the original staircase and the stone steps to the garden are quite steep, so may be unsuitable for those with restricted/limited mobility.
---------Please see our website for further photographs, floor plans and full details of Mulberry Cottage. Our weekly rate ranges from £450 in low season, £670 mid season and £850 maximum in peak season (August). OUR WEBSITE SHOWS FULL DETAILS OF AVAILABILITY AND RATES. Payment is 30% deposit upon booking and the remaining 70% is due 4 weeks prior to your arrival. Payment can be made securely by card via our booking portal. .----------