The Drawing Room, so called because it is a wonderful place to 'withdraw' from the demands of everyday life, totally relax and enjoy the peace of its surroundings – and if you have some skill with a pencil, it's a lovely place to sit and draw! Part of the owners' accommodation, this one-bedroomed garden flat affords lovely views over open countryside to the Bennachie range (a great place for walking, cycling and spotting wildlife) and, despite its secluded location, it is only a short walk away from the village of Insch and some local shops and cafes. In the heart of castle, distillery, golf and fishing country, there is plenty to do and see.
• Entrance/dining area for those special candle-lit meals; north-facing to catch glimpses of the northern lights.
• Adjoining kitchen for preparing culinary delights or, after a hard day's exploring, just decant one of your favourite carry-out meals!
• Spacious sitting room with TV, DVD player, live flame gas fire. French doors lead on to the terrace from where you can enjoy the view of the hills.
• Large double bedroom with seating in the bay window – ideal for your early-morning coffee before breakfast – but you might be challenged to leave the comfort of the super-king sized (zip-link) bed!
• Towels, bath robes and local soaps and lotions are provided in the en-suite shower room (WC, Shower cubicle, WHB, heated towel rail, shaver point)
• Outside, there are terraces and garden areas where deer, badgers and foxes often come to forage, and garden birds enjoy a splash in the ponds.
With a minimum stay of two nights, the owners can be flexible on arrival and departure dates and times.
We regret that, being surrounded by sheep, we cannot accept dogs or other pets.