Peaceful & secluded yet only a mile from Saumur
18th century farmhouse with 10m x 4m heated swimming pool & 3 acres of well maintained grounds – sleeps 9 + 1 cot, only 1½ miles from the centre of Saumur, and a few minutes walk from the Loire river.
“Just wanted to let you know that we had the most fantastic holiday. Your house is even more beautiful than we imagined from the pictures and was absolutely ideal for us. You have equipped the house perfectly. We have done many self-catering holidays over the years and we can honestly say yours is the best. There was not one thing that we found it lacking in. So thank you very much for 'sharing' your home, I think I'd want to keep it all to myself!”
We believe you will find La Métairie a home from home. The house itself is very tranquil, light and airy. All rooms are spacious and we have selected quality furnishings, whilst the garden is simply amazing.
• Spacious, tastefully converted 18th century farmhouse with original oak beamed ceilings and exposed tuffeau stone walls.
• Extremely peaceful, completely secluded with walled gardens and electric gates.
• 10m x 4m heated swimming pool, with large south facing sun lounge area.
• Sleeps 9 people plus 1 cot in 4 spacious bedrooms. Two double bedrooms, one bedroom with two single beds, and one bedroom with three single beds.
• Large play area for the younger children, and an annexe with a pool table, table football and a beer fridge for the not so young.
• Beautiful open plan living and dining rooms with large stone fireplace and Jotul wood fire, oak and leather sofas and a magnificent 10 seater solid oak dining table. Both rooms open onto the patio area of the garden.
• Large bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC. Second shower room and two more WCs.
• Fully fitted kitchen, with dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave, oven and hob. Utility room with a washer/dryer.
• Three acres of grounds completely walled and fenced in. One acre is woodland, with the rest of the grounds being laid to lawn, with several mature trees, shrubs and fruit trees, and a working well.
• Our “secret garden” is separated from the main grounds by our driveway, is secluded and is often in shade. Perfect for anyone wanting to be outdoors, yet out of the glare of the sun, especially small children and the elderly.
• In addition to the swimming pool, outdoor entertainment includes a swing, rope ladder etc., a basketball ring and two football goals - there is enough space for a full size football pitch!
• At the side of the house there is a patio with tables, chairs and a chiminée BBQ.
As part of our determination to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible, we provide you with an Information Pack. This provides details (often with web links) of activities, places to visit, leisure pursuits, wine house and restaurants, as well as maps detailing several Châteaux in the region.
We are aware that many people are concerned about their bookings and the impact of coronavirus on their holiday.
We have received many enquiries about booking terms and conditions
Holidaymaker bookings are made directly with property owners. Each property owner will have individual cancellation policies and local coronavirus information.
Please enquire directly with the respective owners as to the current situation with any bookings.
As we receive new information and guidance from government we will update this information.
Taking any lockdowns or local restrictions into account, we expect holidaymakers and homeowners to follow current government advice with regard to booking rental properties.
Our website remains 100% functional without any restrictions for:
The Simply Owners Team
- Holidaymakers to contact owners about existing bookings.
- Holidaymakers to contact owners about future bookings, past any lockdown or restrictive period.
- Councils and keyworkers to contact owners regarding accommodation for NHS staff and other individuals in need.