**Please note the house has had some upgrades to the furniture and decoration since these photos were taken but due to covid we have been unable to take new photos**
St. Cernin is a traditional 200+ year old stone farmhouse set in over three arce’s of mature gardens and forest, surrounded by agricultural land but within an 8 min drive of the beautiful bastide hill-top town of Monflanquin, awarded the title of one of France’s most prettiest villages!
The house comfortably sleeps 12 (up to 8 adults maximum please) and benefits from an extensive south-facing terrace and shaded outdoor kitchen and dining area with views of the surrounding valley (perfect for sundowners and alfresco dining) which overlooks the private swimming pool (12m x 6m). A separate, extensive, and flat lawn is also available and is perfect for children (and grown-ups) to run and play safely with the many garden activities available including, a trampoline, football goals, badminton net, table tennis and Le Boule!
The house is primarily a much-loved family holiday home and is set-up and maintained accordingly. It has been tastefully restored to a very comfortable high standard and retains many of its original features, with 5 large double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and an additional playroom with children’s bunk beds.
The house has a STRICTLY NO SMOKING policy.
• Bedroom 1 with King-size bed
• Bedroom 2 with Emperor-size bed
• Playroom with 1 set of bunk beds, lounge area & TV
• 1 extra-large family bathroom with walk-in shower, roll-top bath, double vanity unit & WC
• Large farmhouse style kitchen diner
• Vaulted ceiling sitting room
• Utility room
The bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen on the ground floor benefit from very high ceilings and also flat access so would be suitable for wheelchair users. The vaulted sitting room is accessed via steps.
• Bedroom 3 – Large Family Room – 1 King-size bed & two single beds with en-suite shower and WC.
• Bedroom 4 – Small Family Room – 1 King-size bed & 1 small double bed in an alcove
• Bedroom 5 – 1 King-size bed
• Separate family bathroom with shower, double vanity unit and a separate WC
Bedrooms on the 1st floor have some height restrictions in areas due to low beams.
AMENITIES / FACILITIES:
• Electric Oven
• Gas Hob
• Coffee machine
• 10-12 seater dining table
• Lounge area
• Washing machine & tumble dryer
• Iron/ ironing board
• Freestanding cooling fans (1 per bedroom)
• TV & DVD player
• Books & board games available
• Dolls House, lego & other toys for very young children available
• All linen & towels are included but we ask guests to please wash an dry all pool towels before departure.
• Separate terraced patio/ pool area & gardens
• 12m x 6m heated swimming pool with pool alarm only (no hard cover)
• x 6 sun loungers
• x 3 sun parasols
• Outdoor kitchen complete with electric hob, small fridge & sink
• Dining table & chairs for 10-12 people
• Full-size all-weather table tennis table & bats
• Out-door plastic garden playhouse (suitable for toddlers and very young children)
• Badminton net & rackets
• 2 garden football goals
SHOPPING & ENTERTAINMENT
The nearest village is the hill-top bastide town of Monflanquin, with far reaching views, a Casino supermarket, a selection of restaurants (including French, Italian & Seafood), bank, gift shops, beauty salons, pharmacy, a weekly morning farmers market and a Night Market (food /wine/live music) in July & August only.
Villeneuve-Sur-Lot is approx. a 15-minute drive and is a much larger town with an abundance of shops, cafes, restaurants and river-based activities.
The house is located 3.5km from the bastide town of Monflanquin, 12km north of Villeneuve-sur-Lot and about 28km southeast of Bergerac in the northern part of the Lot-et-Garonne department.
• Bergerac 45 minute drive (BA, Ryanair)
• Bordeaux: 2 hour easy drive (Easyjet / Air France / BA)
• Toulouse: 2 hour drive (TBC)
Train – Agen, 45 minute drive
LAKE / COAST / BEACH
Lougratte Lake is a dedicated natural swimming lake and is only a 20 min drive away complete with a beach, water slide, pedalo’s & SUP’s hire, playground, café and toilets.
We are approximately a 2 hour drive from the Atlantic coast stretching from the Garonne at Bordeaux down to the Spanish border, comprising the largest beach in Europe. Excellent surfing at Lacanau-Ocean.
St.Emilion – The world famous wine tasting region is extremely accessible on a day trip from St, Cernin taking approximately 1hr 20 mins by car.
Bergerac / Monbazillac / Duras – There are many exceptional vineyards to visit for wine tasting in these areas and all can be reached within approximately 30-40 mins
Cahors – Cahors is in-fact the original birth place of the Malbec grape variety and Malbec wine. A trip to this region is well worth a visit and is only about 50 mins away. The town of Cahors is also a lovely place to visit in itself.
The Lot-et-Garonne & Dordogne regions boast a wealth of activities for out-door enthusiasts and history hunters, including canoeing, SUP boarding, zip-lining, walking, cycling, horse riding, golf, go-karting and an abundance of medieval castle’s to tour. All can be found within an easy drive.
Pets will be considered with prior approval from the owners first please and an extra deposit may be required. Unfortunately, pets are not allowed in the swimming pool at any time as their claws can damage the pool liner and their fur can clog up the filtration system. We have had this unfortunate and costly experience in the past.