Just north of the peaceful and beautiful town of Saumur, our 4-bedroom countryside home comfortably accommodates 8 adults or up to 10 if young children wish to share with parents. The light and spacious house offers views over surrounding rural countryside and a safe space to enjoy the 9 metre heated swimming pool, barn/play room and half acre of enclosed gardens.
- Large Dining Room / Reception Room with dining table to seat up to 10 and a rolltop desk. Open wooden staircase to first floor
- Lounge with two and three seater sofas and armchair, fireplace with large wood burner vented to other rooms in the house. TV with UK Freeview channels, DVD player and sound system where you can play CDs or connect your smartphone or other media player
- Fully fitted and equipped kitchen with gas range cooker/oven, large fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher. High level glass coffee table and bar stools.
- Large double bedroom, with Super King bed, dressing table and fitted wardrobes
- Twin bedroom - two single beds
- Fully fitted shower room
- Separate WC
- Master Bedroom - King Size bed, fitted wardrobe, dressing table. Double doors with Juliet balcony opening to views over open countryside.
- Large double bedroom - double bed, with single day bed and rollout bed, both with comfortable 3' mattresses. This room could be used be as a double, or offer additional space for one or two children sharing - or the rollout bed could be situated in either of the other two large bedrooms.
- Bathroom - large room including bath with shower above
- Separate WC
- Linen, duvets, towelling all provided for every bed (towels may not be possible, depending on advice for holiday homes)
- A cot is available and can be situated in any of the bedrooms on request - and a high chair and child's fireguard available (please confirm when booking)
- Washing machine, line, airer and Iron/Ironing board
- Wireless internet access available to all guests
- Parking for several cars within the property
- Local contacts close by
Everything you need for a comfortable stay....
BARN & GROUNDS
The house and grounds are fully enclosed, so you can enjoy the half acre of gardens, while the barn offers a large playroom.
The Playroom in the barn is equipped with
- Full size table tennis table,
- Table football
- Several garden games including giant pickup sticks, Jenga, Dominoes, Cricket
- Fridge, CD player, seating area
- It also houses the washing machine
- We have four well maintained bicycles which guests are welcome to use (at your own risk)
PRIVATE HEATED SWIMMING POOL
Our 9 metre x 4 metre, 1.4 metres deep, heated pool was installed in spring 2016. It includes a seating step where you can enjoy a drink while sitting waist deep and a terrace with sun loungers, large parasol and other seating.
From the front door of the house, look out onto the garden with the pool to the right and a Pagoda/outdoor seating area with fixed barbecue to the left.
The enclosed gardens extend to a large grassed play area, fully fenced in and safe to play in - surrounded by open farmed fields. Enjoy the sunrise or a peaceful drink in the arbor at the end of the garden.
THE REGION/SURROUNDING AREA
In the heart of the Loire Valley - often referred to as "The Garden of France" - the region is notable for its historic towns, architecture, and wines.
Nearby are many of the Loire's stunning chateaux, plenty of vineyards to visit and the region's renowned for it's agriculture, especially for fruit orchards. A favourite for many tourists with walking and cycling hugely popular in the vast open countryside and forests literally surrounding the plot.
The beautiful riverside town of Saumur is ten minutes to the south. Saumur has a beautiful clifftop chateau overlooking the town, is home to Cadre Noire (National School of Horsemanship) and offers many attractions, restaurants and bars to enjoy. It also has a pedestrianised shopping area along quaint alleys shaded from the heat of the day.
The cities of Tours and Angers, both on the River Loire, are less than an hour's drive from the house, with Nantes, Blois, Poitiers within reach too and the seaside resort of La Rochelle a two and a half hour drive.
Within an hour are many famous chateaux including, Chambord, Chenonceau, Amboise, Azay-le-Rideau, Chinon, Montreuil-Bellay, Villandry, Langeais, Brissac and many many more. See Chateaux of the Loire for more details....
Le Mans, home of the world famous 24-hour race is 45 miles to the north - just an hour away.
Local activities include;
Walking / Rambling
Cycling - see Cycling routes near Saumur
Lake or River fishing
Horse Riding / Pony Trekking
We are aware that many people are concerned about their bookings and the impact of coronavirus on their holiday.
We have received many enquiries about booking terms and conditions
Holidaymaker bookings are made directly with property owners. Each property owner will have individual cancellation policies and local coronavirus information.
Please enquire directly with the respective owners as to the current situation with any bookings.
As we receive new information and guidance from government we will update this information.
Taking any lockdowns or local restrictions into account, we expect holidaymakers and homeowners to follow current government advice with regard to booking rental properties.
Our website remains 100% functional without any restrictions for:
The Simply Owners Team
- Holidaymakers to contact owners about existing bookings.
- Holidaymakers to contact owners about future bookings, past any lockdown or restrictive period.
- Councils and keyworkers to contact owners regarding accommodation for NHS staff and other individuals in need.