You pay NO BOOKING FEES when booked using this web-site and get free payment protection.
Orchard Villa nestles in a half-acre hillside olive-grove, amongst several villas scattered across the Katsarou ridge overlooking the sandy beaches below, with panoramic views over Skiathos Bay.
It's within 10-25 mins drive of most of the 60 or so mainly sandy beaches, 10mins to Skiathos village, port, and airport - and within 12 mins. walk of 3 of the top-10 (but affordable) Skiathos taverna/restaurants.
TRAVEL to Skiathos, and SKIATHOS description ... please visit our main website pages:
ORCHARD VILLA AND GROUNDS
There's a shared gated entrance and the whole setting is very peaceful and quiet. It is a traditional Greek island villa with blue shutters, red-tiled roofs, and its own roof-terrace. There’s a large cool flag-stoned living room, split-level to the winter log fireplace and sofa, four air-conditioned bedrooms with exposed timber beams and roof, and a fully-equipped open-plan kitchen, with an English ‘pub' bar and stools. You can sleep 2 - 8 in cosy bedrooms, with an en-suite wet room and two shower rooms. The villa's pretty pool is fenced and gated, and set into the terraced garden with beautiful views across the bay to the nearby islands.
Kitchen - Ceramic-hob cooker and hood with fan oven, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, filter coffee, two fridges with small freezer compartments, double sink, and dishwasher. And there’s a washing machine, ironing board, steam iron, umbrella clothes dryer in garden.
Guest Rooms and shower rooms - 4 air-conditioned bedrooms sleep up to 8 adults (1 double, 3 twins). The master-bedroom wing (l. of fireplace) has 1 double and an en-suite wet room with double vasque vanity unit and w-c; the 3 twin-bedroom wing (r. of fireplace) has 2 shower-rooms each with a small vanity unit and w-c.
Pool, garden and sun-terraces - The villa is quiet and not overlooked; fenced grounds and a drive with remote-control gates keep out curious tourists! The pool is built into the hillside with its own small terrace and a slate-top drinks table and bench. Level access is by two steps down to a safety gate and in-pool steps. The pool is 8 x 5m, and 1.2m deep. Safe, but hardly Olympic! More for a lazy dip and drinks on the terrace, enjoying the panoramic "7-island" view over Skiathos bay to Skopelos beyond
There's a large totally private sunbathing roof terrace, with its own view down the forested valley to the sea on the north side of the island.
Pre paid services - The rental is of non-serviced furnished accommodation, but the 'chart price' includes prepaid provision by us of:
- Weekly bed- and bath-linen; paper and cleaning products; end-cleaning; pool servicing; gardening; maintenance/breakdown; welcome pack.
- Internet - Very good 3G/4G signal for mobiles as hot-spot for your tablet or laptop, and WiFi at most tavernas, bars, and cafes. (no fixed-line router in villa)
Holiday Themes and suitability for your party:
- Beach and Sea relaxation and Sports & Activities (as below);
- Village and harbour exploring -shops, tavernas, cafes, bars, shopping and all services - see "About Skiathos"
- Hill-country hikes and exploring;
- Villa life and sun - vine-covered courtyard, terraced garden, roof terrace and pool (both secure for youngsters, fenced and gated), all with panoramic views
- Family / group holidays and events (Skiathos weddings v popular! - call for info)
Greek ambience, eats, and drinks
- Affordable 'food-guide' standard tavernas and restaurants (three of the 'top-10' within 12 mins walk of Orchard Villa)
- Traditional tavernas and 'zacharaplasteos' (ice cream and cakes)
- Cafés, bars, and night-clubs
Sports & Activities:
- Beaching, swimming, snorkelling, SCUBA (booked in village)
- Water sports on all main beaches - water-ski, wind-surf, speedboats, sailing dinghies
- Sea and pier fishing
- Hill and forest walking (accompanied available)
- Cycling (MTB/VTT)
- Tennis club (in village)
- Horse riding
Ease of villa access
- Easy front-door access from car in drive - 2 shallow steps only (many Greek-coast villas don't warn you about long steep stone stairs !)
- A few steps between split-levels, and gentle path / shallow steps to upper and pool terraces
Kitchen and utilities:
Oven, ceramic hob - Microwave - 2 Fridges - Double sink - Dishwasher - Coffee Maker
Toaster - Dishes & Utensils - Washing Machine - Iron + board
Most guests prefer meals and drinks (until midnight!) outside in the courtyard (tastefully wood-furnished for 12)
Indoors ... Split-level dining/living room for 8, and high-chair
Open-plan across 'pub' bar and bar stools to kitchen
Traditional Skiathos fireplace inside looks lovely, but not in summer (fire risk)
Sofa, easy chairs
Smoking outside only (wood beams and ceilings inside!)
Bed and bathrooms:
Master bedroom has king-size bed, en-suite wet room with shower, wc, and double vanity unit (twin vasque wash-basins)
Guest wing has 3 more (twin) bedrooms, and 2 shower rooms with shower, small vanity unit and w-c, all with bath linen (please BYO beach towels).
Bedrooms have air-con, bed linen, fitted wardrobes, small dressing table, bedside tables/lamps - plus 1 hair dryer.
Internet - Good 3G / 4G signals, and WiFi hot-spots in virtually every taverna and bar! (fixed line router not manageable)
- Plenty of cook-books, maps and guides - DVD (BYO discs) - Board games - Hi (-ish) Fi, CDs - even cassettes (C&W, 60s rock, classic) - TV (mainly Greek)
Garden and outside living:
Terraced private olive-grove garden with pool, fabulous views never fail to stun every guest (see our great 4*-5* reviews !)
Split-level dining patio with tasteful wood furniture for up to 12; small 'wheely' barbecue
Fenced/gated pool (4.7m x 8m x 1.2m.) on its own terrace with attractive slate-top aperitif table and bench
Private parking for 4 cars - secure from wandering tourists with private fenced grounds and remote-controlled drive gates (shared with the next - separately fenced - villa.