Welcome from me, Kevin James, to Orchard Villa - nestling in its half-acre hillside olive-grove, one of several villas and 3 top tavernas along the best stretch of viewpoint on Skiathos - the low 1-mile Katsaros hilltop and incomparable '7-islands' panorama across Skiathos Bay and the sandy beaches just below (nearest is Vassislias, 5 mins drive down).
The villa is within 10-25 mins drive of most of the 60 or so mainly sandy beaches, 9 mins to Skiathos village, port, and airport - and within 12 mins. walk of 3 of the top-10 (but affordable) Skiathos taverna-restaurants.
There's a quick overview of Orchard Villa, Skiathos, and Travel below, or for full details please visit my official site " www.SkiathosGreekVillas.com".
... and - in case covid may still affect travel in 2022, you may wish to check "Booking Changes" below ...
ORCHARD VILLA and GROUNDS
There's a shared gated entrance and the whole setting is very peaceful and quiet. It is a traditional Greek island villa with blue shutters, red-tiled roofs, and its own roof-terrace. There’s a large cool flag-stoned living room, split-level to the winter log fireplace and sofa, four air-conditioned bedrooms with exposed timber beams and roof, and a fully-equipped open-plan kitchen, with an English ‘pub' bar and stools. You can sleep 2 - 8 in cosy bedrooms, with an en-suite wet room and two shower rooms. The villa's pretty pool is fenced and gated, and set into the terraced garden with beautiful views across the bay to the nearby islands.
- Kitchen - Ceramic-hob cooker and hood with fan oven, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, filter coffee, two fridges with small freezer
compartments, double sink, and dishwasher. And there’s a washing machine, ironing board, steam iron, umbrella clothes dryer in garden.
- Guest Rooms and shower rooms - 4 air-conditioned bedrooms sleep up to 8 adults (1 double, 3 twins). The master-bedroom wing (l. of
fireplace) has 1 double and an en-suite wet room with double vasque vanity unit and w-c; the 3 twin-bedroom wing (r. of fireplace) has
2 shower-rooms each with a small vanity unit and w-c.
GARDEN SUN-TERRACES and POOL
The villa and grounds are quiet and not overlooked, fenced, with parking for 4 cars out of sight on a private entrance drive at the 'road' side of the villa.
You have 4 terrace areas, all with superb views ... The large unoverlooked roof sun-terrace has a 360º view from Skiathos bay's ‘7-islands’ to the wooded Kechria valley and the north channel. Then there's a split-level dining courtyard/patio (through 4 French windows from the lounge); a top ‘party’ terrace with sun-loungers; the pool-area terrace with slate-top drinks table; and the grassed picnic slope below.
The ‘above-ground’ POOL and wood decking is attractively set in-ground on its own ledge cut into the hillside. At 7½ x 4m. it’s like most mid-size Skiathos villa pools. But the new decking is just for a pool-side drink or sun-bathe ... not for a dive- or jump-in, as the pool is just a child-secure 1¼m. deep!
For adults it’s (as in Sophie’s 5* review) “ ... Great for a refreshing dip” ... rather than serious swimming, for which you have Skiathos’ 60+ safe and mainly sandy beaches, most at only 5-25 mins drive.
The pool-side and decking are child-fenced for 4m. along the lower terrace, with level access to the pool ladder by 2 steps down from the far end of the terrace, with its slate-top aperitifs table and bench - another spot to sip your aperitif enjoying the stunning panorama over Skiathos bay, with an eye on the kids - or sunset.
The price includes the following: welcome pack; weekly bed/bath linen; paper/cleaning products; end-clean; gardening; and (within limits including ‘natural misfortunes ’ in the Rental Agreement) equipment/pool maintenance/breakdown; .
In Greek villa rental law, these and all villa facilities have not been supplied on a serviced hotel/etc. basis, but to have been arranged by me at your request and risk within the price.
INTERNET - Very good 3-4-5G signal for mobiles as hot-spot for your tablet or laptop, and free WiFi at most tavernas, bars, and cafes. (sorry, fixed-line router impractical)
HOLIDAY THEMES and SUITABILITY for your party:
- Beach and Sea relaxation and Sports & Activities
- Village and harbour exploring -shops, tavernas, cafes, bars, shopping and all services - click "About Skiathos" on official site above
- Hill-country hikes and exploring
- Villa life with vine-covered courtyard, terraced garden, roof sun-terrace and pool (both secure for youngsters, fenced and gated), all with panoramic views
- Family / group holidays and events (Skiathos weddings v popular! - call for info)
GREEK EATS, DRINKS, and AMBIENCE (also see part 3 of of free 'Villa Guest Guide' sent with my offer)
- Affordable 'food guide'-standard tavernas and restaurants (three of the 'top-10' within 12 mins walk of Orchard Villa)
- Traditional tavernas and 'zacharaplasteos' (ice cream and cakes)
- Cafés, bars, and night-clubs
SPORTS and ACTIVITIES:
- Beaching, swimming, snorkelling, SCUBA (booked in village)
- Water sports on all main beaches - water-ski, wind-surf, speedboats, sailing dinghies
- Sea and pier fishing
- Hill and forest walking (accompanied available)
- Cycling (MTB/VTT)
- Tennis club (in village)
- Horse riding
EASE of ACCESS to villa
- Easy front-door access from car in drive - 2 shallow steps only (many Greek-coast villas don't warn you about long steep stone stairs !)
- A few steps between split-levels, and gentle path / shallow steps to upper and pool terraces
KITCHEN and utilities:
- Oven, ceramic hob - Microwave - 2 Fridges - Double sink - Dishwasher - Coffee Maker
- Toaster - Dishes & Utensils - Washing Machine - Iron + board
Most guests prefer meals and drinks ('til after midnight!) outside in the courtyard (tastefully wood-furnished for up to 12)
- Split-level dining/living room for 8, and high-chair
- Across 'pub' bar and bar stools to open-plan to kitchen
- Traditional Skiathos fireplace inside looks lovely, but not for use in summer (fire risk)
- Sofa, easy chairs
SMOKING ... outside only (wood beams and ceilings inside!), and not on pine-wood walks
BED and BATHROOMS
- Master bedroom has king-size bed, en-suite wet room with shower, wc, and double vanity unit (twin vasque wash-basins)
- Guest wing has 3 more (twin) bedrooms, and 2 shower rooms with shower, small vanity unit and w-c, all with bath linen (please BYO
- Bedrooms have air-con, bed linen, fitted wardrobes, small dressing table, bedside tables/lamps - plus 1 hair dryer.
- Many cook-books, maps,guides - DVD (BYO discs) - Board games - Hi (-ish) Fi, CDs - even cassettes (C&W, 60s rock, classic) - small TV (mainly Greek)
BOOKING CHANGES due to events beyond reasonable control (inc medical and covid)
By booking Orchard Villa you accept the Rental Agreement contract (sent with my offer before you book). It needs a.o. for you to arrange your own insurance to cover any situation or event beyond reasonable control affecting either of us which prevents you from taking up your booking, or me from providing the villa or any of its facilities.
But if covid remains an issue in 2023, I may offer to transfer your booking free to 2024 (only), if you are unable to obtain reasonably-priced insurance &/or or airline refund guarantees, and also obtain my express consent to this offer before you book.