May I present The Shed, a luxury 2 bed holiday lodge located on the Lobhill country estate close to Dartmoor and the market towns of Okehampton, Launceston and Tavistock.
It’s a fantastic space with spectacular views of glorious Dartmoor and the family vineyard. The view will never bore you, I know it constantly surprises me from season to season. Flora and fauna are abundant, just relax and watch the ever changing landscape. A little bit of heaven on your doorstep!
The Shed is a smart contemporary retreat with quirky country accents, your hideaway to escape from it all. A space to enjoy with friends, family, each other or on your own. Truly serene and tranquil.
It certainly doesn't lack features and facilities. Here are just a few...
– Luxurious, spacious, light, airy, comfortable and very peaceful.
– Arrive to a chilled bottle of Alder Wine plus some local goodies!
– Fully self catering with a fully fitted kitchen in which to cook up a tasty meal of local produce (available to purchase from my farmhouse, Alder Vineyard shop, local stores and Lifton Farm Shop).
– Secure, private entrance via the deck leading to the boot room with washing machine, repurposed enamel sink and iconic Sheila Maid. A great area to dry coats.
– Spacious lounge area with a cosy wood burner. A basket of wood is supplied and more can be purchased from the farmhouse. The Shed is fully heated throughout.
– Two bedrooms with very comfy beds, supplied with fresh bedding, linen and high quality duvets. One bedroom has a king size bed and the other a ‘zip & link’ twin / king size for flexibility. A cot is available on request.
– Two en-suite shower rooms each with a walk-in power shower, vanity unit, heated towel rail, storage shelves & fresh towels.
– Floor to ceiling windows with a sliding door leading to a 70 square metre deck covering 3 sides, see the sun rise and enjoy it all day! Enjoy outdoor or indoor eating, relaxing and unwinding.
– Sheltered space to keep your bicycles dry.
– Yes, WI-FI with strong signal. All major mobile networks have a strong 4G signal, indoors and outdoors.
– Easy access to our 33 acre woodlands and Alder Vineyard with plenty of quiet walking and nature areas.
– Dedicated parking area.
– 1.2 mile “village” walk to the local pub.
We designed The Shed with ecology at the forefront of our minds. Here’s just a few things that make it sustainable and landscape friendly:
– Rainwater toilets.
– Cork Flooring
– Solar panels to be fitted in summer 2023.
– Weaver Green rugs, throws and cushions made from recycled plastic bottles.
– Many pieces of furniture repurposed and reused.
– An ongoing policy to improve the ecological and carbon footprint of the building.
I'm really looking forward to meeting you at Lobhill country estate. Here's to your incredible stay!