You pay NO BOOKING FEES when booked using this web-site and get free payment protection.
Bear’s Cave is a charming 300-year-old cottage, overlooking the attractive harbor of Lower Fishguard. The cottage is Grade 2 listed and retains all the charm of the original features while still providing a high degree of comfort.
The cottage sleeps six people and has three bedrooms. (Please note that one has to go through the master bedroom at the top of the stairs to reach the other two bedrooms.) It has a conjoined living room and dining room with an open fire which makes it very cosy. The kitchen, bathroom and utilities have been recently refurbished and modernized.
Views from the window look right out onto the fishing boats in the harbour, or you can enjoy the view from the bench just outside the cottage on the quay itself! If more peace and quiet is needed, the cottage has a pretty terraced garden at the back.
The Bear’s Cave is geared towards family holidays and has been enjoyed by generations of both young and old in the owner’s family. There is a beach at the end of the quay and great spots on the slipways for crab fishing. Kayaking and paddle board tours can be taken from the harbour as well.
The scenic Pembrokeshire Coastal Path is a ten-minute walk away, up the hill from the cottage. It has spectacular views, wild life and places of historic interest. Many beaches, golf courses and a good variety of family attractions are also within easy reach.
Good to know:
• Tiled utility room for storing wet weather gear and outdoor shoes. Washing machine and tumble dryer also available.
• Electricity and between lets cleaning and laundry service included in the price. Tenants should bring their own towels.
• TV with digital channels in living room. Cards, board games and books along with maps and information about local attractions are provided.
• Pets are allowed, downstairs only.
• Our bookings run from a Friday to a Friday.
• The cottage was used in the film ‘Under Milkwood’ starring Richard Burton and Liz Taylor!
• The cottage got it’s unique name because it was originally used as a meeting place for a club for young boys known as the Bear’s Club.
|4 Jan - 27 March||
|28 March - 28 May||Easter||
|29 May - 5 July||Early Summer||
|6 July - 4 September||Late Summer||
|5 September - 2 October||
|3 Oct - 18 December||
|19 December - 3 January||Chrsitmas and New Year||
|Children Welcome||Pets Welcome|
|Dining seats||Dining room||Fireplace|
|Heating||Linens provided||Washing machine|
|Tumble dryer||Living room||Ironing board|
|Away from it all||Family||Historic|
|Romantic||Sports activities||Tourist attractions|